Great conversation with Aya Kantorovich from FalconX.
Discussion of the state of regulation, CeFi vs DeFi, BitMex, AML, AMM, liquidity etc.
* DeFi opening finance and democratizing market accessibility for retail
* CEX, DEX, or the same? Crypto juggling labels and what it means for traders.
* Liquidity! Centralized and decentralized, what differentiates AMMs (Automated Market Makers) from centralized liquidity providers
* The global landscape, we cover Cold War, Geopolitical tensions in Africa, China-US relations, and more
* And finally, everyone’s favorite, regulation! What does regulation mean for institutions, what questions should protocols ask themselves, what are good resources and next steps?
About Aya Kantorovich
Aya has spent the last few years scaling FinTech companies and currently drives Strategy and Operations at FalconX, an institutional digital asset trading platform backed by Accel Partners, Flybridge Capital and Lightspeed Ventures. Previously, Aya worked at Pantera Capital, the first cryptocurrency fund in the United States, founded in 2013, directly supporting Dan Morehead, CEO as well as Bill Healy, Pantera’s President. Aya has worked intimately with over 60 portfolio companies prior to joining FalconX to expand adoption in the ecosystem. Prior to Pantera Capital, Aya was an Investment Manager at Tegus, a buy-side investor research startup focused on TMT investments, joining as the team’s first-hire and scaling offices in both San Francisco and Chicago. Aya graduated with a double major in International Affairs and Finance from the George Washington University.